Well it couldnít have been any nicer! The Country Club at the Legends was in peak physical condition and ready to humble the over 100 golfers in attendance for the annual Eureka Chamber of Commerce Charity Golf tournament. The day was magnificent, the camaraderie overflowing and the lost golf balls abundant!
If you werenít in attendance here is the Cliff Notes version.
- 8:15 breakfast meeting to tie up any loose ends.
- 10:30 Registration begins with golf pros tweaking swings and lowering handicaps
- 11:30 Lunch is served compliments of Ramada Inn Six Flags.
- 12:00 Shotgun start
- 12:03 My first slice of the day ended up in the woods. Needless to say we didnít use my ball.
- 12:20 Beer cart arrives in the nick of time.
- 2:00 We are holding our own and have a chance to finish in decent shape.
- 2:54 Iíve lost a sleeve of balls and my beer coolie.
- 5:30 I donated a total of 5 balls to the golf gods and think I might need to see a chiropractor.
- 6:00 Sumptuous steak dinner served by the wonderful staff of the Legends. I ate half and was called up to do the verbal auction with Chief Brown our fearless leader.
- 6:15 the huge ape donated by Six Flags found a new home.
- 6:45 The verbal auction is well under way and Chief is jabbering like Dr. Phil on speed. At one point I think he even tried to auction off the steak leftovers!
- 7:30 After mopping the auctioneers forehead because the salt was blinding his ability to see clearly the auction came to very successful close.
Exhausted after the day and from several months of preparation we all agreed that we had a very successful event.
|Mr. Sean Flower, American Heritage
Totals are still coming in but preliminary numbers indicate that we doubled last years overall numbers and everyone I have spoken with had a wonderful time and they are looking forward to next year. It looks like we will raise approximately $12,000 this year! The BIG CHECK will be presented to the Senior 66 Center at our Christmas event again this year.
Thanks to the golf committee of Chief Greg Brown, Eureka Fire Dept.; Mike Klenke, Ramada Inn Six Flags; Sean Flower, American Heritage; and Dr. Pat Feder, Comprehensive Chiropractic.
Thanks to our volunteers Gary OíGrady, Executive Director of the Eureka Chamber of Commerce; Carlos Arnavat, WebiT USA, Inc.; Jan Long, Long Ford; Kay Nueremberger, Title Insurers Agency, Inc.; Angela Weeks, American Solutions for Business; Marilyn Mays, Rockwood Bank; and Ramada Inn staff.
|Mr. Carmello Natoli
A very special thanks to Carmello Natoli, his daughter Patti and the Legends for their generosity and participation in this yearís event. Fabulous job!
And thanks to all the businesses and people that continue to support the Chamber with their generous donation of time, gifts and participation. It is because of your support that we are able to accomplish advancements in the community for a better economic environment in the years to come.
To view some photographs taken at this event, please use the following link and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
© Copyright 2002-2003, Eureka Chamber of Commerce